Predictive Higher Astrology
Basic Course Module
Total lectures 12- 15 ,
Total concepts – 47 Total time required – 8 to 10 weeks
LECTURE -1 Introduction and basic understandings
- What exactly do we understand by Hindu Jyotish / Parashary Jyotish or Vedic Jyotish ?
- How and why Jyotish works .
- Theory behind Vedic Jyotish , possible uses and what can it predict ?
- Types of popular Jyotish systems .
- Predictive Higher Astrology- what is different in it ?
LECTURE -2 Basic astronomy and its use in Jyotish. ( Four lectures )
- Universe, Galaxy and the Solar System .
- The Planets, Sun and Moon,Rahu and Ketu
- The Inner and Outer Planets.
- Earth as geocentric centre in Indian astrology.
- The rotation and revolution of planets .
- Planet’s tilt on its axis.
- Equinox .
- The Ayanax and precession of the Equinox.
- Man’s Position on Earth. Longitudes and Latitudes
- Time, Time zones and local time. Calculation of local time .
- Celestial sphere , Celestial equator, Ecliptic & Horizon and Zenith .
- The Zodiac .
- What is Zodiac sign ?
- Right Ascension and Declination of heavenly bodies .
- Combustion and conjunction of the planets
- Retrograde movements of the planets. Is there any effect ?
LECTURE – 3 Planets and their role.
- What is a planet in Hindu Astrology ?
- What is the role of planets and how do they function ?
- Individual character of different planets.
- Interconnection between planets
LECTURE -4 Nakshatras and their role .
- What is a Nakshatra in Hindu Astrology ?
- What is the role of Nakshara and how do they function ?
- Individual character of different Nakshatara.
- Concept and use of Nakshatra in Predictive Higher Astrology.
LECTURE -5 Signs and their role.
- What is a Sign in Astrology ?
- What is the role of a Sign and how do they function ?
- Individual character of different Signs.
- Use Sign in Astrology.
- Some important features of
- The Rising Sign , The Sun Sign and the Moon Sign
LECTURE- 6 Houses and their role .
- What are houses in Astrology ?
- How they are formed , different house systems .
- Individual details of each house.
- Relation between Sign , Planets and Houses.
LECTURE – 7 Dasha System.
- The concept of Dasha system
- The Vimshottari Dasha and its significance .
- Fixation of starting Mahadasha.
- Calculation of Balance of Days of first Mahadasha.
- Importance and role of Dasha in Hindu Jyotish / Higher astrology.
LECTURE – 8A , 8B and 8C casting of a Lagan & Chalit ( house) chart ( 3 lectures )
- The concept of Horoscope
- Different types of Horoscopes and how they are prepared.
- Some important observations .
LECTURE – 9 & 10 Miscellaneous topics and discussion and Q & E
These two concluding lectures will be basically a summing up and revision exercise . Doubts and queries will be attended and concepts which have not been understood will be re explained and also a brief about the advanced predictive course will also be presented.